Recommended itineraries United States
Here are suggested itineraries on the East coast.
See also the recommended itineraries in regions which are the subject of specific destination guides:
- in the national parks of the American West
- in California
- in Florida
- in Louisiana
8 to England
In summer (or during the Indian summer), a small tour in this region mixing culture, nature and seaside, is well suited, especially with the family:
- Boston, with a day trip to Salem (see Boston recommended itineraries)
- The Cape Cod peninsula
- and the two offshore islands, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, easily accessible by boat.
In 8 to 10 days: around the Great Lakes
- After Chicago,
- towards Niagara Falls
- then, on the Canadian side, Toronto.
- Possibility to go through Detroit or take a domestic flight between Chicago and Niagara Falls to avoid swallowing too many kilometers.
In 2 weeks on the east coast
Why not take the train? L & rsquoville!
- We start with Washington,
- then we reach Philadelphia in 2 short hours,
- before heading to New York at barely 1:30, to finish with Boston), after a last trip of 3:40 (minimum).
3 good weeks on the east coast
C & rsquoEngland (7-8 days for the whole) with:
- Cape Cod
- Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard
- We then quietly descend the coast (2 days) via Rhode Island (Newport)
- and Connecticut (Mystic),
- up to Philadelphia 4 days),
- before continuing to Washington (3-6 days depending on your cultural appetite);
- from there, take a domestic flight to Chicago (4 days) and, finally, another that will allow you to reach Niagara Falls (1 day).