Recommended itineraries Romania
In Romania, the best solution is to rent a car there (or to bring your own), as buses and trains do not go everywhere.
A week in Romania
Loop from Bucharest
- Sinaïa for its extraordinary Peleş castle
A little tour in Transylvania:
- Bran Castle
- And we finish in Curtea de Argeș, necropolis of the kings.
The towns of Transylvania
- The Carpathians, with a 1st stage in Sinaïa for the castle of Peleş.
- Braşov, the country of Saxon citadels with in particular:
- Excursions to the villages of Mărginimea-Sibiului,
- Return to Bucharest via Curtea de Argeş Monastery
A rural and bucolic week:
- 3 days in the countryside of Maramureş
- 4 days in the middle of the monasteries of Bucovina
- 2-3 days between the monasteries of Oltenia and those of Neamţ
- 4 days to discover those of Bucovina
7 days in the Apuseni mountains (munţii Apuseni), focusing on:
- the Beiuş valley (Beiuşului valea)
- the land of the Moţi (Ţara Moţilor)
- Departing from Tulcea,
- we embark by boat to Crişan or Mila 23,
- d & rsquo5 days:
- Sulina ...
- Back on dry land, you can drive south by car to the archaeological site of Histria.
Two weeks in Romania
- Two days in Bucharest
- The Monastery of Curtea de Argeş and the crossing of Transylvania with a must-see stopover in Sibiu, i.e. 3 days.
- Then, heading for Maramureş via Cluj-Napoca: 4 days in the countryside.
- Then Bucovina and its painted monasteries (3 days) and, going down to Bucharest, Sighişoara, the fortified Saxon villages of Transylvania around Viscri (2 days).
- And to end the circuit, an excursion around the Făgăraş mountains, in the Carpathians (point of 2 days).
Three weeks in Romania
Full tour of Romania:
- 2 days in Bucharest
- 3-4 days in the land of Saxon citadels: Sibiu, Sighişoara and Viscri
- 4-5 days of trekking in the beautiful Apuseni mountains
- 2 days in Cluj and the surrounding area
- 3-4 days in Maramureş to have time to appreciate this region which lives to the rhythm of old rural Europe
- 3 days in Bucovina for its monasteries classified as World Heritage by Unesco,
- then descend south through Iaşi in Moldova
- 3 days in the Danube Delta, one of the largest wild deltas in Europe
- And back to Bucharest