Practical information and useful addresses London
- City of London Tourist Information Center: St. Paul's Churchyard, EC4M 8BX. TE7332-3456. Wed December 26 and only open from 11 a.m. to 17 p.m. on January 1.
Sale of tickets for shows and certain tourist sites or attractions, free general documentation, such as the very practical London Planner, as well as some chargeable documents. London Pass purchases also for reductions on must-see sites. Ask for the city bus map (London buses), essential.
- Tourist Information Centers: tee156-6366.
They only deal with London. The main one is mentioned above, but they can be found all over London, including King's Cross Saint Pancras station, Heathrow airport, Piccadilly Circus and Liverpool St underground stations, Holborn, etc. .
All ICTs have a paid reservation service for hotels, B & B's and youth hostels (AJ). Fairly low commission for AJ, higher for B & B. In high season it's worth it.
- Center françPé014-5210. Metro: Old St. Open Monday 14 to 16:30 p.m., Tuesday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 14 p.m. to 16:30 p.m., and Friday 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (by phone, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 18 p.m.).
In the premises of the International Exchange Center, a nice place where we help young expatriates in London to find a job, an au pair stay, an accommodation.
Also gives information on Social Security, employment contracts, how to open a bank account, language courses ...
Provides lists of apartments to share, B & B's and all kinds of practical info. Internet terminal, photocopiers, fax, etc.
To get all this, you have to take the center card (60 £, valid for 1 year).
- VisitBritain, British tourist office: no reception of the public, information on Internet only.
A website clovers for the biggest exhibitions, tickets for shows, musicals, maps, guides, maps, etc.
Entry formalities in England
Until December 31, 2020, for nationals of the European Union, un passport or a National Identity Card are sufficient (but not a residence permit in France or a driving license).
From the 1er October 2021, nationals of the Channel. The reunions (before 2021) will however be able to continue to you!
- To learn more about practical consequences of Brexit, consult the government website brexit.gouv.fr.
Budget in London
London is inexpensive. by doing it well in advance.
They are subject to fairly rigorous quality criteria. The price for a double room starts at £ 50 and changes daily depending on the period and demand. Do not neglect the " aparthotels », Which can be advantageous for families, comfortable, with kitchenette, washing machine, etc. Neither the B&B for which breakfast is included in the price. As long as it is generous, it lightens the bill somewhat.
If you are traveling with several
Most £ 30 per person for basic amenities.
See also Cheap London.
- Very cheap (Youth hostels) : less than £ 35 (approx. € 41) per person (or even less than £ 20). Youth hostel dormitories not bad, but hardly intimate. Study the question carefully, it is sometimes cheaper to share a triple or quadruple-style hotel room ...
Otherwise, our price ranges correspond to a double room, breakfast included or not (always included in the case of B & B). Most hotels offer a simple continental breakfast. British breakfasts, when available, are most often subject to a supplement.
- Cheap Average prices: from 50 to Ccatch: from £ 90 to £ 130 (around € 105 to 151).
It is quite easy to eat in cool and inexpensive restaurants.
N & rsquonique, our preferences go without hesitation to Pret A Manger or Eat.
These prices correspond to a meal or a main course for one person, excluding drinks and tips. Which is far from trivial, when we know that it is now added immediately at the time of addition. So count around 12,5% more.
- Cheap Average prices: from 20 to Chic: from 30 to 40 £ (around 34 to 46 €).
Happy news: national museums are free (National Gallery, British Museum, Tate Modern ...)! Only temporary exhibitions are chargeable.
Don't forget the offer "Eurostar 2 FOR 1", a unique cultural partnership between Eurostar and a selection of galleries and museums which allows you to have prices on admission to exhibitions.
On the other hand, the museums and sites of the kingdom, as well as the private museums are paying, and generally at very high prices ...
Possibility to buy the London Pass (at the tourist office), which will quickly pay off! Along with transport passes, some discount coupons also for tourist sites.
It is customary for the customer to leave 12,5% tip in a restaurant. Do not deviate from this quasi-legal rule. Most restaurants have made a habit of systematically including service in the bill (12,5 to 15%).
The 10% rule also applies to taxis.