Istanbul themed routes
Istanbul is a monument in itself! Many Byzantine churches, Ottoman mosques or palaces deserve to be admired, scrutinized.
- A special mention for the Şakirin mosque, with contemporary lines, in Üsküdar.
Contemplation and relaxation
- Have a drink at sunset on a terrace with a view of the Marmara Sea, the domes and the minarets of the city, while listening to the song of the muezzin.
- Take a nap in Gülhane Park.
- A cruise on the Bosphorus is highly recommended
- and, for the panorama, a passage through Rumeli Hissan, also called the castle of Europe.
- Visit the exhibitions of the Museum of Modern Art and the art galleries of Beyoğlu district.
- A contemporary art biennial is held in the fall (odd years).
Nightlife: where to go out?
- It is in Beyoğlu that Istanbul experiences its most feverish nights with its shooters bars and nightclubs.
- Otherwise, there is a lot of action in the trendy little district of Tophane, near Karaköy.
- The center of Kadıkövyou of the nightlife.
- The Istanbul jet set can be found on the banks of the Bosphorus beyond the Ortaköy district.
- The restaurants of the moment are fond of the Beyoğlu district.
- Young clothing designers and other designers are opening shops in the streets that lead to the Galata Tower.
- During the day, stylish but cool youth hang out in Cihangir.
- Stroll along the Galip Dede Caddesi, the music district, to find instruments, scores and records.