Entry formalities and useful contacts New Zealand
French nationals up to 3 months without a visa, provided they have a passport valid for the duration of the stay, a billet d'avion de retour or continuation. You also have to be able to prove that you have sufficient means for your stay.
If you are staying for more than 3 months, a visa will be required. Check out immigration.govt.nz to see if you need a visa.
Please note: to work, you need a special work visa (Work Visa, Resident Visa or Working Holiday Visa, see below).
NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization)
Obtaining an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) is compulsory for the French, Belgians, Swiss and Canadians since October 1, 2019. This NZeTA must be obtained before leaving. It must be requested online, or from a mobile app, which allows you to scan the MRZ strip of the passport and its identity photo (practical). Online application costs NS $ 12, app only costs NZ $ 9.
The ZéZeeland authorities. The processing of a request can take up to 72 hours.
In particular, you have to fill in passport information and answer a few eligibility questions. You must also upload a copy of your passport online.
The NZeTA is valid for 2 years, and allows multiple entries.
A tourist tax and for the preservation of nature
A tourist tax and for pre-Zealand. It costs between NZ $ 35 per person. It is to be paid at the same time as the NZeTA.
The French driving license must be accompanied by the international permit.
In order to be safe. It is forbidden to introduce the following products: fresh fruits and vegetables, plants, meats, dairy products ... (non-exhaustive list).
Violators may be fined. And anyway, you might as well buy local, since all the food concerned is produced on site.
Be careful, even hiking boots and camping equipment must be declared and can be disinfected if they are too muddy ...
Working Holiday Program (PVT) or Working Holoday Visa
- young people from 18 to Zealand to spend a holiday there, while having the right to have a job, and to woof. The work permit is valid for a stay of 12 months. It is allowed to have several successive employers, and also to register for a training or study course for a maximum duration of 6 months in total. On the other hand, this visa does not allow to have a permanent job, nor to leave with children or with a spouse (the latter must have his own visa).
You must be able to justify sufficient financial guarantees (NZ $ 4 for the stay), and have taken out insurance covering the risks of illness, maternity, invalidity and hospitalization for the duration of the stay, not having previously benefited from the program, and having a return ticket.
PVT visa applicants must also pay the IVL (see above).
- New Zealand Embassy 45-01-43-43. Email: email@example.com. Open Mondays from 10 a.m. to Zeeland in Paris no longer processes visa applications. They must be done online at immigration.govt.nz. All visa applications received at the Embassy will be returned to applicants.
- New Zealand Embassy31, Brussels 1040. Té2) 512-10-40. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 17 p.m.
- Consulate of Nouvelle-ZéSaconnex, Genè03-50. Email: email@example.com. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 13 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 17 p.m.
- New Zealand High Commission 5991. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to GeZeBritish Consulate V6E 3S7. Tee7388. Email: email@example.com. Open Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 13 p.m.