Practical information and useful addresses San Francisco
- Official representation of San Francisco: c / o Expression Group. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information and digital documentation on request by email.
- Visitor Information Center: 391-2000. Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 17 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 15 p.m.
Efficient welcome (sometimes in French). Free city map, transportation info, CityPass sale (see below), city and California magazines in general
- Visitor Center Annex in Macy's Department Store, Union Square: 170 O'Farrel St. Monday to Saturday 10 am to 21 pm, Sunday 11 am to 19 pm.
- US Tourist Office (c / o Visit USA Committee): té702-470 (3 & euroUnis and ESTA (travel authorization), as well as thematic files.
For the United States.
The CityPass, sold for $ 94 ($ 74 for ages 5-11), includes 3 (consecutive) days of unlimited transportation, as well as admission to the following museums over a 9-day period: Exploratorium or SFMoMA, California Academy of Sciences , Aquarium of the Bay, plus a 1 hour cruise on the bay with Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise.
Purchase online, in all museums) and at the Visitor Information Center on Howard Street.
Budget for accommodation
- Cheap Average prices: from 100 to Classier : from 150 to Very stylish : over $ 250.
See the United.
Something to fear there, apart from the traditional pickpockets in the most touristic sites.
Some somewhat murky neighborhoods are also safe), the majority of which consume hard drugs and alcohol on the street and roam in a particularly sordid state of decline.
Same portrait in the south of Mission and some corners of SoMa (around Market Street). For the latter, HQ of party animals, prefer to return in the evening by taxi.
Some travelers will be rightly embarrassed, even scared, but street people are generally not dangerous (just avoid showing signs of wealth and ignore alcoholics and drug addicts ...).