Leave Melbourne for a day and experience life on a real Australian farm. Get a taste of Australian farming life at Warrook, a 120-hectare cattle farm, located an hour from Melbourne. Explore this historic farm property with its antique furniture, take part in a countryside trip in a hay cart, watch the sheepdogs in action, or try milking a cow. After this day on the farm, finish with a visit to Phillip Island to watch the very popular Penguin Parade.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully commented visit
- All entrance fees included
- Get up close to native wildlife
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your Warrook Farm and Phillip Island Penguin Parade tour includes:
- Experience authentic Australian hospitality at Warrook Farm, a 'dinkum fair' of cattle and sheep ownership, feeding kangaroos, wombats and baby farm animals
- Watch the race of guardian dogs as they round up the sheep
- the interesting sheep shearing demonstration outside the shed or barn
- Lunch includes Red-Gum smoked roast beef or chicken marinated with fresh seasonal local produce loaded with lots of Australian secret herbs... Yum
- Visit the Conservation Center and Koala and learn more about these stuffed creatures
- Walk along elevated walkways to see koalas in their natural habitat
- See the dramatic coastline scenery at Nobbies (summer only), two rocky outcrops where marine life is abundant. From the walkway you can catch a glimpse of Australia's largest population of fur seals
- Browse through Phillip Island Educational Visitor Information Center
- Consider seeing some penguins up close
- Take your seat at the special spot and watch the daily evening ritual of the Little Penguins wild life
- Watch the Little Penguin Parade at dusk, as they emerge from the surf and waddle back to their nests
Starting point :
Tour departs from selected Melbourne hotels
Departure time :
- 10.00 p.m
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return to the starting point between 21:30 p.m. and 22:30 p.m.