Experience the beauty of Queensland's Far North Rainforest on a sightseeing day trip from Port Douglas. Travel on the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and choose from a variety of options including Skyrail Rainforest Cables, Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or the ever-popular Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Rail tour
- Flexibility to adapt the itinerary to your preferences
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Learn about Queensland's Northern Tropic pioneer history on a leisurely train journey to Kuranda "the village in the rainforest". Relax and enjoy the scenic beauty along the way through the rainforest. A photo stop will be made at Barron's Gorge and you cross the Stoney Creek Bridge, before arriving in Kuranda.
You will have free time in Kuranda to do some shopping at the heritage markets, have a meal at one of the many restaurants and cafes (additional cost) or watch the wildlife at Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or the Koala Garden in Kuranda (entrance fees not included).
There are plenty of options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you want. Choose from:
- Railroad/Rainforestation/Sky – Journey to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit Rainforestation Nature Park, return on Skyrail (10 hours)
- Rail/Sky – Journey to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail (8,5 hours)
- Sky/Railway – Journey to Kuranda on Skyrail, return on the Scenic Railway (10 hours)
- Railway / Sky / Tjapukai – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, visit Tjapukai Indigenous Cultural Park (9 hours)
- Rail/Sky /Tjapukai/Lunch – Journey to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, return on Skyrail, refer to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park with buffet lunch (10 hours)
Starting point :
Departs from the most centrally located hotels in Port Douglas
Departure time :
Departure from hotels in Port Douglas between:
- Railroad/Rainforestation/Sky – 07:00 and 08:00
- Rail/Sky – 07:00 and 07:45
- Sky/Railway – 08:00 a.m. and 08:45 a.m.
- Railway / Sky / Tjapukai - 08h00 and 08:45
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch – 07:00 and 8:00
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
back to the starting point