Discover the friendly and exciting city of Buenos Aires on foot. This 3,2 km morning walking tour of the Retiro and Recoleta neighborhoods is an enjoyable way to experience Buenos Aires' unique culture, history, customs, buildings, and monuments. An educational and fun way to explore Argentina's capital city!
- Done in English
The walking tour covers over 25 "must see" attractions such as:
- St. Florida and Early BA Years
- Av. Corrientes. and its Obelisk (explained)
- Ana Diaz Square (first female settler in 1582)
- Mariquita Sanchez house: brief history of Argentina
- Av. de Mayo: Café Tortoni and the history of Tango
- Plaza de Mayo (Evita, Mothers, Falklands and the crowd)
- Casa Rosada (Govt House .. Balcons Le Peron)
- Cathedral & Gral. San Martin mausoleum and history
- Apple of Lights (Square Lumières)
- San Ignacio, Francisco et Domingo (colonial churches)
- 1806' British presence: wit, romance and cannon-balls
- The famous San Telmo Qt.. Evita headquarters
- San Telmo market. Visits to colonial houses
- Museum of Modern Art (ex Onassis cigarette factory)
- Lezama Park: Foundation of BA, Settlers and Cannibals
- …And lots of local stories, curious facts and peculiarities!
Listen to your knowledgeable guide talk about local history, architecture, traditions, habits, and unique features that you would never have discovered otherwise. This is a fun, easy-going tour where you will be taken "off the beaten track". Coffee is included.
Starting point :
Florida Garden Cafe
Departure time :
Ends at the renowned Recoleta Cafe and neighborhood restaurant