Take a guided afternoon walking tour of Old Rio to get a sense of the legend and history woven around the narrow streets and stunning Baroque buildings of downtown Rio de Janeiro. As you walk, your knowledgeable guide will provide commentary about the city and its vivid stories.
- Performed in French, English
You'll get an unforgettable insight into Rio and its history this afternoon during a four-hour walk to visit the following highlights:
- São Bento Monastery, dripping with golden carvings and paintings
- Nossa Senhora de Candelaria, the most impressive church in Rio
- Praca XV de Novembro, the square where many important events in the history of Rio de Janeiro took place, such as the coronation of the emperors of Brazil
- Imperial Palace, built in the style of a Portuguese mansion for the rulers of Brazil
The walk continues down Uruguaiana Street to Carioca Square and the Metropolitan Cathedral, and you'll take a walking tour of the historic sites of Old Rio. This afternoon guided tour takes you behind the scenes of Rio de Janeiro's famous sights, giving you time to explore Rio at your own pace.
Starting point :
Pickup is available from most major hotels in the Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana areas or at the cruise port
Departure time :
13 hours 00
Hotel pickups begin before this time; exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation.
Return to the starting point around 18:00 p.m.