Starting from the pedestrian zone of Apostolou Pavlou Street, which brings together the main archaeological sites of Athens, you can follow in the footsteps of Adrian to see where he attended the inauguration of the Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will pass by the Roman ruins and the mosques, temples and houses of the gods of Olympus. Along the way you will see the 3000 year old Theaters which created the plays of Sophocles and Euripides, and which are still in use today.
- Done in English
You'll have great vantage points from the sacred Philopappou Hill (Hills of the Muses) to photograph the Acropolis, then move on to Plaka with its restaurants scattered all over the hillside. You learn to work with light and shadows, colors and shapes in a creative way, how to use photographic techniques to advantage and to be ready to take great pictures every time you go out with your camera. .
The objective of Athens Photography Walking Tour is to:
- Discover the experience of a city through the eyes of a local photographer
- Encourage the observation of new points of view and interesting details that could easily be overlooked
- Improve photography technique
- Have a more interesting experience and be able to participate when visiting a city
- Have fun!
Your English-speaking photographer guide has deepened local knowledge, a passion for Athens and for the art of photography. So bring your camera and be prepared to walk, shoot, then click.
Starting point :
Departure time :
- June and July – 18:30 p.m.
- August-18:00 p.m.
- September and October – 16:30 p.m.
Ends at Monastiraki station