A hundred islands make up this floating territory in the Indian Ocean, offering as many variations of paradisiacal landscapes.. A godsend for visitors seeking relaxation on idyllic beaches or for travelers exploring the flora and fauna. With more features such as charming and quality hotels or restaurants… this is why visit the Seychelles!
Why visit the Seychelles? To enjoy the beaches and the sea!
After leaving your luggage at the hotel, destination beach! The Seychelles offer real postcard landscapes with its many bays planted with palm trees where turquoise and limpid water bathes. Between two tanning sessions, you can also indulge in "snorkeling", an activity much more accessible than diving, since it simply consists of scanning the seabed using fins and a snorkel. On the main island, Mahé, the Beauvallon site allows you to discover the underwater flora and fauna.
Snorkeling in the Seychelles
An archipelago of 115 islands
It is the preferred destination for travel catalogs, and for good reason: the Seychelles have everything from the ideal place to spend your holidays. This Republic, where French is one of the three main languages, comprises 115 islands, scattered over a large area of the Indian Ocean. And if you often have to limit yourself to visiting the main ones like Mahé, Praslin or La Digue, why not go on an adventure to discover other wonders?
Beach in the Seychelles ..…
Crafts in stores
Finally, on the purchasing side, these are mainly handicrafts that can be brought back from the Seychelles, found in shops in the village of Anse-aux-Pins or in the Victoria market. Corals and shells are found transformed into jewels; coconut fiber and woven raffia are used to make hats, baskets, mats and bags.
A rich gastronomy
If you are still wondering why to visit the Seychelles: for its gastronomy! Tinted with French, African, Indian or Chinese influences ...We taste in the restaurants all the products that the sea has to offer, fish, shrimps and other crustaceans can be found in many meals, grilled over a wood fire, accompanied by vegetables or spices. To go out in the Seychelles, you will often have to fall back on the bars and nightclubs of hotel complexes.Fish dish
Find your hotel in Victoria
The visit of the Seychelles will inevitably start with that of Mahé where the capital, Victoria, and the international airport are located. This is also where a large number of hotels are concentrated: booking them from France, before departure, allows you to find cheap, very advantageous rates. Seychelles offers a wide variety of hotels even if, in high tourist season, it becomes more difficult to find vacant rooms at the last minute.
Viewpoint on Mahé
- Saint-Martin Tourist Office : visit the Seychelles tourist office website
- Money and change : the currency is the Seychellois Rupee (SCR). Please note that tourists must pay their restaurant and hotel bills in euros or dollars. Only small purchases are paid directly in rupees.
- When to go : the best period to travel to the Seychelles is the summer season (see the detail of the climate in the Seychelles).
- Getting to Seychelles: The "Seychelles International Airport" is located on the island of Mahé, on the outskirts of the capital, Victoria. It accommodates all international flights.
- Getting around Seychelles: On the same island, it is possible to rent a car or a bicycle to go for a walk. To get from one island to another, you can take a boat, a ferry or even a helicopter.