Take an extra day and choose this two-day guided coach tour to explore one of the most beautiful coastal roads in the world, Great Ocean Road, in the state of Victoria. With its superb landscapes of contrasts, this region, close to the capital of the State of Victoria, is bathed by a powerful sea, dotted with quiet villages, and lined with golden sand beaches, giant cliffs and lush forests. You'll visit all the main sites in the region, such as the Coast of the Twelve Apostles, Port Campbell National Park and Loch Ard Gorge, to name but a few.
- Done in English
- Treat yourself to a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Multi-day trip
Day 1: Melbourne / Great Ocean Road
Depart from your hotel in the morning and enjoy one of the greatest coastal drives in the world for two days. Its striking contrasts will remain etched in your memory forever. This region demonstrates the power of the sea as it fights a merciless battle with the land. See pristine beaches, sleepy seaside hamlets and majestic monoliths jutting dramatically out to sea. Enjoy plenty of stops for photos, views and short walks as we visit this coastal drive world famous.
You will arrive at your hotel towards the end of the morning and the rest of your day today is spent at your leisure.
Overnight accommodation: Cumberland Lorne Resort or Apollo Bay International Hotel
2ème jour : Great Ocean Road / Melbourne
This morning is free until you join the coach for a tour in the next few hours today. You'll be picked up around the same time you were dropped off at your accommodation the day before, to continue your tour of the Great Ocean Road and its highlights. You are returning to Melbourne late tonight.
Highlights on your XNUMX-day Great Ocean Road tour from Melbourne include:
- Pass by world famous Bells Beach, home of the World Surfing Championship
- Experience a traditional Aussie tea with vegemite crackers and lamingtons
- See the popular coastal townships of Torquay and Lorne – a surfer's paradise and retreat
- Travel along the Great Ocean Road past towering limestone cliffs, sweeping white sand beaches and stunning forest scenery
- Inspect the fascinating Twelve Apostles Information Center
- See the amazing Twelve Apostles – stacks of limestone rising sharply from the southern ocean, an amazing photo opportunity
- Walk along the rim and take in the scenery from various viewing platforms
- Marvel at Loch Ard Gorge as millions of years of erosion have carved these incredible sights
Starting point :
Tour departs from selected Melbourne hotels
Le Federation Square
Departure time :
- 8.00 p.m
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return to the starting point around 19:30 p.m. on day 2