Discover the historical side of Buenos Aires on foot! You'll feel like you've stepped back in time on this walking tour through the city, which takes you to more than 40 of Buenos Aires' top attractions, including Plaza de Mayo, Casa Rosada, and San Telmo Market. You will learn more about the history of Buenos Aires while admiring its famous sites, but also the less known ones!
On this 4-mile city tour, you'll see some of Buenos Aires' most famous historical attractions. As you explore unique buildings and squares around the city, your local guide will tell you in great detail about immigration, local history, traditions and the architectural evolution of Buenos Aires. This fun and relaxed ride will take you off the beaten path and into the rich culture of the city.
On this walking tour you will visit:
• Calle Florida, the 400 year old main street
• Plaza de Mayo, where you can learn the history of the founding of Buenos Aires
• The Government House, where you will learn more about Evita and the way of the Madres
• The National Bank, the May pyramid and the first Opera
• The Metropolitan Cathedral and the tomb of San Martin
• Madero Port
• Calle Defensa, where the fight against the invaders took place in 1807
• Oldest shop, oldest church and oldest house in town
• Four basilicas in four blocks, from the early Spanish period
• The Church of St Domingo with its tumultuous past (of which it bears the traces)
• The house of Viceroy Linier, an example of colonial architecture
• Chile Street, the old city limits and the old tunnels
• Casa Minima and the Slave Market Street
• Old San Telmo, and the colonial houses
• The old market of San Telmo and the market square
• Visit of Ezeiza Conventillo (“little convent”)
• The Church of Belém, where you can learn the story of Martina Cespedes
• … and lots of stories, curious facts and local peculiarities!
Note: The itinerary may not be complete, depending on the time and circumstances of your visit.