Combine a visit to Schönbrunn Zoo, home to over 4000 animals from every continent, with a ride on the famous Ferris Wheel for a memorable day in Vienna.
The Baroque Architecture of Schönbrunn Zoo dates back to the times of Empress Maria Theresa and her husband Franz Stephan von Lothringen. The breakfast pavilion is centrally located and shows the historic beginnings of the zoo. Even today you can still enjoy an "Imperial Breakfast".
The Ferris Wheel, a trademark of the Austrian capital and a symbol of Vienna's famous Prater, creates a very special point of reference for all visitors with its characteristic silhouette, clearly visible even from great distances. Its unique view of the city of Vienna can be enjoyed by visitors throughout the day.
- family activity
- Encounter closer to wildlife
Outside of Berlin, Schönbrunn Zoo in Vienna is the only place in Europe where you can see Giant Pandas. The two Giant Pandas, Yang Yang and Long Hui, which arrived at Schönbrunn Zoo in 2003, are on loan to the Republic of Austria from the People's Republic of China for a period of 10 years. According to the latest estimates, only a thousand Giant Pandas currently live in the wild.
Other main attractions are orangutans, jaguars, koalas, the first elephant born in Europe using artificial insemination techniques, children's games and the mini-zoo and a rainforest modeled after ecosystems from Borneo.
Take a circular trip on the Ferris Wheel, one of the most important and fascinating structures in the world that offers a unique view of the city of Vienna. It is an absolute cultural and architectural must for any visitor to the Austrian capital.
Starting point :
Schönbrunn Zoo is located at Maxingstrasse 13, Vienna
The Giant Vienna Ferris Wheel is located at Prater 2, Vienna
Departure time :
At your leisure
Opening hours of Zoo Schonbrunn :
- January: 09 a.m. – 00 p.m.
- February: 09 a.m. – 00 p.m.
- March: 09 a.m. – 00:17 p.m.
- April: 09 a.m. – 00:18 p.m.
- May: 09:00 a.m. to 18:30 p.m.
- June: 09 a.m. – 00:18 p.m.
- July: 09 a.m. – 00:18 p.m.
- August: 09 a.m. – 00:18 p.m.
- September: 09 a.m. – 00:18 p.m.
- October at end of check-in time: 09:00 – 17:30
- November: 09 a.m. – 00:16 p.m.
- December: 09h00 -16h30
Opening hours of the Giant Ferris Wheel Vienna:
- January 1 to February 28: 10 a.m. – 00 p.m.
- March 1 to April 30: 10 a.m. – 00 p.m.
- May 1 to September 30: 09:00 a.m. – 00:00 a.m.
- October 1 to 31: 10 a.m. – 00 p.m.
- November 1 to December 31: 10 a.m. – 00 p.m.