Ride the railroad from Vancouver to Whistler on the spectacular Whistler Mountaineer mountain train, which takes you past some of the world's most rugged fjords and mountains. The day trip to Whistler includes free time to explore Whistler Village, one of North America's premier ski resorts and host of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Done in English
- Taxes, fuel surcharges and service included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
On your return to Vancouver, you will stop at the Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in British Columbia. Take a guided walk through an old-growth forest to see 1000-year-old cedar trees, with trunks that measure 9-12 meters wide, then return to Vancouver by mini-coach on the Sea-to-Sky Highway .
The highlight of the full-day tour of Vancouver is the Whistler Mountaineer Rail Tour. The train experience includes interpretive commentary of features along the route and access to the Heritage Car Observation Deck for fresh air and sweeping views of the spectacular landscape.
You have a choice of experiences on the train:
- The Glacier Dome offers a panoramic view. A delicious full hot breakfast will be served with complimentary beverages.
- The Classic Coast offers a traditional railway experience and panoramic views through large picture windows, a continental breakfast or a light meal will be served at your seat and non-alcoholic drinks.
Please note :
- This tour is seasonal and only operates in April to October.
- The rail pass for this tour is non-refundable
Starting point :
Tour departs from downtown Vancouver hotels
Departure time :
Return to the starting point around 19:00 p.m.