Several new places in the capital confirm the search for original concepts to stand out in the jungle of Parisian zincs. From the sporting address (if we consider that pétanque is a sport!) To the underground counter (will you know how to get in?), Via the old brothel, there is bound to be a bar on its elbow!
"Sports" and fun bars
- At Bouboule : 74, rue de Rochechouart, 9th arr. Phone. : 01-53-16-25-87. M.: Barbès-Rochechouart. Daily 16 p.m. to 2 a.m. (midnight Sun).
In homage to his bowler grandfather, the young boss has just launched a trendy bar dedicated to pétanque: in a corner of the room, on a free sand court, we aim for the jack by toasting with pastis. It is the 2nd address of its kind, in Paris, after the Niçois (7, rue Lacharrière in the 11th arrondissement), a bar-restaurant which has a “synthetic” track in the basement.
- Gossima : 4, rue Victor-Gelez, 11th arr. Phone. : 09-67-29-75-79. M.: Ménilmontant. Daily 16 p.m. to 2 a.m. (Sat from 14 p.m., Sun until 20 p.m. and Mon midnight).
This former auto garage became, in 2013, the first ping-pong bar in Paris. In a rough setting, wild parties are played (€ 6 per half hour) to the sound of the DJ. A smaller and cozy room, with only one table, even hides behind a shelf, next to the zinc.
- Mama Shelter : 109, rue de Bagnolet, 20th arr. Phone. : 01-43-48-48-48. M.: Porte de Bagnolet. Daily until 1:30 a.m.
Table football is one of the hallmarks of the Mama Shelter boutique hotel chain. Sometimes mini (for two people!), Here it is maxi with four players on each side. Another zany element in the original and abundant decor of the bar-restaurant. In fine weather, it is rumored that the roof terrace sometimes even offers table tennis ...
Bars that change of scenery
- Baton Rouge Pigalle : 62, rue Notre Dame de Lorette, 9th arr. M.: Saint-Georges. Mon-Sat 18 p.m.-2 a.m.
Two cocktail aces, Joseph Biolatto (from the legendary Forvm, in Paris) and Julien Escot (from the very award-winning Papa Doble, in Montpellier), have just opened this Louisiana-inspired cocktail bar, with voodoo and bayou touches. in the background. On the menu, great classics from New Orleans, house creations based on American bourbons and ryes, but also absinthe and French vermouth.
- Dirty Dick : 10, rue Frochot, 9th arr. MR: Pigalle. Daily 18 p.m. to 2 a.m.
You could almost come with your surfboard in this "tiki bar" which honors the tradition of Hawaiian counters: a hut atmosphere by the sea, a red sunset fresco and coconut trees, massive totems and wicker chairs. The cocktails are fruity and flowery, neat and well balanced: you can even share them with others, drinking through a straw in a large white shell. Where is the beach?
- The Naked Feast : 10, rue de la Fontaine du But, 18th arr. Phone. : 01-42-58-60-64. M.: Lamarck-Caulaincourt. Tue-Sun 18 p.m.-1:30 a.m.
This musical bar and snack bar in Montmartre is no show. Except that as a snack, he suggests… insects. A hallucination, as in the eponymous novel by William Burroughs? Nay, the card does mention mealworms or crickets. At least that's a change from chips and peanuts!
Trendy karaoke bars
- Isolated : 14, rue Frochot, 9th arr. MR: Pigalle. Wed-Sat 22 p.m.-5 a.m.
Karaoke + hip-hop = "kaïraoke". The formula is not lacking in humor. As early as last September, the Pigalle hipsters adopted it: they sing American hits of the genre at the top of their lungs, in front of a screen with completely outdated and offbeat videos. Before letting go of the microphone for a cocktail or for the dance floor in the other room, programming sharp DJ sets.
- Bam Karaoke Box (Photo) : 30, rue Richer, 9th arr. Phone. : 01-48-00-94-65. M.: Cadet. Daily 17 p.m. to 2 a.m. (Sat-Sun from 14 p.m.).
Very popular concept in Asia, the "box" to rent to push the song has been imported in a chic Parisian setting. The retro bar distills cocktails while the “music boxes” (BAM) can accommodate up to 8 or 15 people: they are cozy, intimate and technological, with light shows, touch screens to choose titles, etc.
- the Mezcaleria : 13, bd du Temple, 3rd arr. Phone. : 01-42-71-20-00. M.: Filles-du-Calvaire. Wed-Sat 19 p.m.-2 a.m.
At the end of 2014, the new 1K hotel (ex-Murano) inaugurated its “underground” bar, dedicated to mezcal, Mexican agave alcohol that can be served with guacamole or grilled grasshoppers! To access it, you have to let yourself be led through the restaurant kitchen. Fortunately, the path to the exit is more direct!
- Moonshiner : 5, rue Sedaine, 11th arr. Phone. : 09-50-73-12-99. M.: Bréguet-Sabin. Daily 18 p.m. to 2 a.m.
The storefront of the small pizzeria Da Vito transports us to New York, in the heart of Little Italy. As for the cold room door, at the back, it teleports us straight to the time of Prohibition, in one of those hidden bars or "speakeasy". The Art Deco style and the jazzy music immerse us in an elegant but cool atmosphere. Even the large smoking room is comfortable.
- La Candelaria : 52, rue Saintonge, 3rd arr. Phone. : 01-42-74-41-28. M.: Filles-du-Calvaire. Daily 18 p.m. to 2 a.m.
It was one of the first hidden bars in Paris, created in spring 2011 in the Haut Marais, by cocktail pros. To titillate the curiosity of amateurs, it is hidden in the back room of a mini taqueria. Yes, yes, you have to open the small door at the back to enter this latina-inspired lair: colorful hangings, statuettes of the Virgin Mary, candles. Claustrophobic, abstain: the place is low ceiling and often crowded ...
- The perch : 14, rue Crespin du Gast, 11th arr. Phone. : 01-48-06-18-48. M.: Ménilmontant. t open every day from 17 p.m. to 1 a.m. (from 14 p.m. on weekends).
A stone's throw from Oberkampf, there is nothing to suggest that the dark and banal porte-cochère hides one of the most popular spots in the capital. On the 6th floor of an ordinary office building, this bar-restaurant with a large terrace offers a beautiful panorama over the rooftops of Paris. The formula was so popular that last summer it was exported to the top of the BHV in the evening after the department store closed.
The "sulphurous" bars
- OrphéFontaine, 9th arr. TE81-29-91-95. MR: Blanche. Tue-Sat 21 5 kitsch stuck to the walls. Now a trendy night bar, Orphée Privé also evokes the work of Cocteau, who lived upstairs.
- Carmen 45-26-50-00. MR: Blanche. Daily midnight-5 club with rococo decor, decorated with moldings and columns, was once a brothel. Opposite the entrance, the golden cage is a nod to this ancient activity. While the name recalls that Georges Bizet composed his famous opera in the building, in 1875.
- Raymond Bar : 13, rue Dussoubs, 2nd arr. TE82-20-05-37. M.: ÉMarcel. Tue-Sat 18 2 Montorgueil club n & rsquoQG campaign of the centrist Prime Minister. The flip-flops are n & rsquosol, the hammam is now serving as a smoking room, and it's the DJs who raise the temperature on the mini dance floor.
To prepare for your stay, consult our Paris file.