Travel by train to see the beautiful District Lake, and visit Hill Top where Beatrix Potter was inspired to create Peter Rabbit, Tom Kitten and Flopsie Bunnies.
- Done in English
You'll travel by train through the towns of the Midlands and into the green hills of Cumbria to visit the world of Beatrix Potter and her former home, Hill Top. Her house has remained exactly as she left it, and in each room you will be able to admire the details that appear in her books. The garden is made up of a pleasant mix of flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables grown by Beatrix herself.
Your rail tour includes:
- afternoon tea at Lindeth Howe Hotel, the former home of Beatrix Potter
- A wonderful cruise on the lake
- A visit to the medieval village of Hawkshead
- A visit to Hill Top, the home of Beatrix Potter
- A visit to Tam Hows, one of the most scenic spots in the Lake District
- A trip through the Langdale Valleys to Grasmere
- A visit to the villages of Bowness and Oxenholme
Starting point :
Euston Rail Station
Departure time :
Return to the starting point around 21:30 p.m.