Recommended routes Auvergne
Wherever you are in Auvergne, you are always surrounded by volcanoes. Except in the Allier and its pretty undulating countryside and it is with this false dish that we will start.
We leave you the choice of departure since these 3 cities are fighting for the head of the department:
- Montluçon spreads out like a snail around its castle.
- Moulins, former duchy of the Bourbons which houses some interesting museums.
- Vichy (that goes without saying).
- At Ferrand, we get to know the Volvic stone
- before climbing the Puy de Dôme to enjoy a panoramic view of the Puys range and its 70 cones, domes, maars.
- The Auvergne volcanoes regional natural park will take you to the Cantal mountains.
- A stop in Salers, one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France, is a must.
- Get off at Aurillac to attend its street theater festival.
- Pays d & rsquovous at Medieval Flour and, why not at the Haute Auvergne museum.
- Le Puy-en-Velay will serve as the final bouquet with its rocky peaks topped here with a chapel, there with a cathedral.
- ÀDieu to admire his abbey, and enjoy his renowned classical music festival.