Recommended itineraries Loire Valley castles
If you don & rsquoVal de Loire has plenty of discoveries in store.
- Impossible therefore to go to Lady of Chartres and Saint-Éd'Oeuvre of Gothic art, listed as World Heritage by Unesco.
- Then, push to Croix d'Orléans, from a later period, to see the amazing golden leopards in the chapel.
- And, sincequosur-Loire in Chalonnes, by car or by bike (the route is magnificent), which reveals its immutable gems.
- Bucolic charm of Clos Lucé in Amboise, where Leonardo da Vinci lived
- Gargilesse-Dampierre, “Most Beautiful Village in France” where George Sand lived
- Royal fortresses - Loches, Chinon -
- Royal gardens (sublime Villandry)
- Forests (the Sologne Orleans forest, largest national forest in France)
- Ponds (the Burn and the Sologne, again her) ...
- Le Chambord Castle
- Finally, because so many revous a picnic pantagruémaure, crottin ...), rillons and pâtés abound on the market stalls as well as in the fabulous halls of Tours. A city where you absolutely have to visit the old center before settling down for an aperitif on one of the terraces of the “Plum” square, as they say here.