Recommended itineraries Istanbul
Not seeing everything, it is prolonged 4 days, during a bridge) or 1 week or more.
2 days in Istanbul
- We will limit ourselves to the European part of Istanbul. On the 1st day, head for Topkapı palace,
- then visit the basilica cistern and the blue mosque - Or vice versa -
- and, finally, take the tram line or walk 10 minutes to Grand Bazaar.
- In the evening, come back for a walk and dine at Blue.
- On the 2nd day, start with Hagia Sophia,
- then join the Little Hagia Sophia,
- Then Sokollu Mehmet Paşa Mosque.
- In the morning, go to the Bazaar égyptien.
- Save some time to take a look at the Rüstem Paşa mosque and new mosque.
- Then cross the Golden Horn on the Galata Bridge;
- take the metro (Tünel) to go up Beyoğlu hill and travel theİstiklâl Caddesi, large pedestrian street,
- up to the taksim square. This is where the city lives at night.
4 days, a long weekend in Istanbul
Resume the 2-day itinerary.
- On the 3rd day in the morning, embark on a small Bosphorus cruise.
- L & rsquomidi, visit l & rsquoSauveur-in-Chora.
- To get there from the Eminönü pier (arrival point of the cruise), take the tram and get off at Pazartekke station, or the metro at Sirkeci, change at Yenikapı, then get off at Ulubatlı station; in both cases, finish by taxi.
- For the return, choose between the Sultan Selim Mosque Mosque of Mehmet the Conqueror ; you will have to walk or take a taxi.
- The 4th day will be dedicated to modern Istanbul, starting with Taksim Square and descending the İstiklâl Caddesi, nose in the air.
- Engulf in old passages, especially the flower passage and the old fish market.
- Continue down the İstiklâl Caddesi.
- Swerve to admire the Pera Palas, a mythical hotel in Istanbul.
- From there, stop at modern Art Museum to discover the latest trends of the moment before joining the galata tower to gain height.
- In the evening, we have a front row seat to enjoy the lively bars and restaurants of the neighborhood.
1 week in Istanbul
The first 3 days remain devoted to old Istanbul. Of course, you have to see the sites mentioned in the previous itineraries.
But on the 3rd day, a small variation:
- instead of the Bosphorus cruise, visit the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts, the Archaeological museums or Museum of the History of Science and Technology in Islam,
- before joining, l & rsquomidi, l & rsquoSauveur-in-Chora.
- The 4th day will be devoted to modern Istanbul, as before.
- The 5th day, heading for the European shore of the Bosphorus, by going, in the morning, to the Dolmabahçe Palace.
- Continue by the navy museum, located next door.
- Then climb to Yıldız park before joining the Ortaköy district.
- On the 6th day, cross the Bosphorus, by metro or steamer, to Üsküdar and the Beylerbeyi Palace, before joining the district of Kadikoy.
- On the 7th day, make a big Bosphorus cruise.
- For those who stay longer, the next day, spend a day on the Princes' Islands.
- It will take you an extra day to get to the Eyüp mosque, at the bottom of the Golden Horn, and follow in the footsteps of Pierre Loti,
- before doing the ramparts walk.