Recommended Burgundy routes
From vineyards to castles, good restaurants on a hike, Burgundy can be discovered in a thousand ways.
- Going from Dijon, city of the Dukes,
- à Beaune, capital of Burgundy,
- follow the Grands Crus route, the "Elysées of the vine", by trying to recognize climates classified by Unesco.
- Along the Canal de Bourgogne, you arrive at Chateauneuf, a splendid eagle's nest in the heart ofAuxois, a delicious region, so rich in castles and ambush villages, such as Flavigny and Semur, where you can also visit the MuséoParc d'Alésia,
- before going up to theFontenay Abbey, founded by Saint Bernard.
- The cross roads lead you, in the Yonne, to the foot of Vézelay, then towards the savages Morvan lakes and forests, this unique natural space, straddling 4 departments.
- Direction la Puisaye, around the chaFargeau.
- Follow the Loire to the quiet Nevers,
- which you will enjoy, to explore the intimacy of the Aedui, our ancestors the Gauls.
- From Haut-Morvan, we reach southern Burgundy and the fabulous Cluny abbey which marked the history of Christianity in the Middle Ages
- before climbing the Solutré rock, in this Mâconnais so dear to Lamartine.