Enjoy this day trip to the Victorian countryside, just outside of Melbourne. Start by boarding the Puffing Billy Steam Train which will take you through the ferns and rolling countryside of the Dandenong Range. Then you will experience the beautiful green hills and lush vineyards of the Yarra Valley. You will visit the Healesville sanctuary which brings together 200 species of animals and plants from Australia.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Rail tour
- Treat yourself to a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up close to native wildlife
- Free drinks included
- Visit with local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Australia's most famous steam train, the Puffing Billy, winds through lush ferns and tall trees. Victoria's wine region opens up beyond the mountains, offering great wine and cuisine. Nestled in the foothills is the Healesville Sanctuary where you can walk among koalas, kangaroos, platypus, kookaburras, dingoes and more.
Your tour includes the following highlights:
- Enjoy the lush ferns and dense forests around the Dandenong Ranges
- The beautiful Sherbrooke Forest home to lyres, crimson rosellas, cockatoos and kookaburras, watch out for these native birds
- Enjoy traditional morning tea, Aussie Billy Tea, lamingtons and vegemite crackers
- Climb aboard the restored Puffing Billy steam train, for an unforgettable journey on Australia's narrow gauge railway
- Visit the beautiful green hills and thriving vineyards of the Yarra Valley
- Enjoy delicious skewers as lunch at Fergusson Winery, while tasting local wines
- Relax while tasting the superb wines of the region and enjoying the breathtaking view of the vineyard
- Visit the Healesville Sanctuary, home to over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles
- Wander among Australia's unique birds and animals in the natural bush setting of Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, Australia's nature and wildlife sanctuary
- Get close-up views of koalas, kangaroos, wombats, emus, cockatoos, parrots and more
- Witness the amazing and exciting demonstration of eagle flights in the sanctuary
Starting point :
Tour by selected Melbourne hotels
LE Federation square
Departure time :
- 8.20 p.m
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return to the starting point around 17:30 p.m.