Practical information, cards and Barcelona pass
- Catalonia tourism. See also catalunya.com.
The official tourism websites for the region. They are regularly enriched with brochures to download.
- Spanish National Tourist Office : Aug45-03-82-50. Closed. By mail: email@example.com.
Many very well made brochures downloadable from the site.
- 280-19-26 or 29. Reception of the public from Monday to Friday from 9 am to end.
- 640-61-51. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to end.
- Agència Catalana de Turisme: see also catalunya.com. Email: email@example.com.
The official tourism websites for the region are regularly enriched with brochures to download.
Tourist offices have a number 285-38-34 (8 am-20pm). All are closed on January 1 and 6, and December 25.
- Turisme de Barcelona - Catalunya: January). Fermésol). Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 15 p.m. thereafter. Also bus tours (see below).
- Turisme de Barcelona - Sant Jaume: c / de la Ciutat, 2; at the corner of Plaça Sant Jaume. Metro: Jaume I. Open Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 20:30 pm, Saturday 9 am to 19 pm, Sundays and public holidays 9 am to 14 pm.
It is the info point of the historic center.
- Mirador de Colom: placed Portal de la Pau. A kiosk on the square. Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 20:30 p.m. (19 p.m. from November to April).
Efficient and available reception. Take advantage of your passage to take the elevator to the top of the column.
- EstacióEstacióde-Grà15h), very close to the bus station.
- Tourist information kiosks: several kiosks well distributed in the city have the most requested maps and information, and most of them sell the Barcelona Card and the Barcelona Bus Turístic:
- In summer, we often come across in the Barri Gòtic, on the Rambla and the Passeig de Gràcia des hostesses in red uniform with a “Turisme de Barcelona” badge. Do not hesitate to contact them.
- Oficina d'Informació301-77-75. Metro: Liceu. Open every day from 10 a.m. to 20:30 p.m.
All information concerning concerts and shows. Very good level of service. Free cultural programs and fanzines available. Ask for Butxaca, the monthly cultural diary, and In BCN, a very well done monthly leaflet.
For diplomatic representations and entry formalities, see entry formalities and useful contacts of Spain.
Purchase and reservation of tickets on the Internet
Think about very effective feces. And during short stays, it saves a lot of time.
Almost compulsory for theat Sagrada Família and Park Güell, and really recommended for the Picasso museum, the palau de la Música catalana (interior guided tours), the casa Batlló, la Pedrera... among others.
Redemption at the counters of Barcelona tourist offices, on their website (above) or at 93-285-38-32.
Count from 46 & euro33 & euro12 years), reduced at certain periods, see on the site. Also an Express version, valid for 2 days, only in adult version, with less reduction, for 20 €.
Accèmuros, RENFE zone 1 trains - suburbs, therefore). Numerous reductions on shows (but also in certain night bars, restaurants, shops, etc.), other means of transport (Tibibús, Montjuïc cable car, Aerobús, etc.).
Most importantly, you will get a free in 25 museums and sites (in municipal museums, including the Museu Picasso and the MNAC, among others) or, more frequently, a reduced price (5 to 50% reduction depending on the site) at 30 of the city's largest museums and sites and around ten sites (including the Palau de la Música, the Casa Batlló, the zoo, the Aquàrium, the Imax ...).
C & rsquofile. It is still very expensive, since you still have to pay at the entrance to most sites or museums, and the reductions offered on some sites are almost symbolic. It does not include the Sagrada Família or the cathedral.
Please note that it is not always possible to claim the discounts offered by the Barcelona Card when booking online.
Barcelona Pass Modernista
Purchase at the counters of Barcelona tourist offices, on their website (above) or at 93-285-38-32. Valid for 7 days, it costs 90 € (expensive!).
To be reserved only for addicts of Stakhanovist modernism! It includes, in Barcelona itself, the casa Amatller, the Punxes, the casa Vicens, the hospital de Sant Pau, the palau de la Música Catalana, as well as 5 more confidential sites with restricted opening (1 day per week each. .. the singular cases).
Also allows access to modernist sites and museums in the surrounding area, Sitges (museu Cau Ferrat and museu Maricel), Canet de Mar (casa museu Domènech i Montaner), Mataró (casa Coll i Regàs) and Terrassa ( mNACTEC and casa Alegre de Sagrera).
Suffice to say that all this in 7 days ... that's a lot!
Purchase only on barcelonaturisme.cat. Price: 75 €. Seems quite expensive to us, because it only allows you to visit La Pedrera (with audioguide) and the Sagrada Família (with audio guide too), with the bonus of 1 day of Barcelona Bus Turístic and the visit with tasting of the Mirador Colomb.
You can queue up and avoid the queues.
If this is not your first visit to Barcelona, the Arqueoticket, which focuses on museums dedicated to ancient civilizations, may be interesting.
For € 14,50, this card, valid for 1 year, provides free access to 4 museums: the Archaeological Museum of Catalonia, the Egyptian Museum, the City History Museum (MUHBA), and El Born Center by Cultura i Memòria.
It can be obtained from all the tourist offices or on their site, or from the ticket offices of each of the sites.
The ruta identifies around fifteen major sites and proposes a route from 10 a.m. to 14 p.m.).
The full package, at € 18, includes a guide to 120 sites with a carte to locate them (unfortunately the French edition is out of print), discount coupons on the entrances to the sites, as well as a small guide to the bars and restaurants installed in modernist buildings, and a bag ... to lug it all around. For 12 €, the guide (with the map) and the reduction coupons, and that's it: but it's enough!
Attention, a certain number of modernist sites, those which are still in activity there!
- Turisme de Barcelona organizes numerous paying themed guided tours organizes numerous paid thematic guided tours (reduced for children under 12), in Castilian, Catalan, English or French (in French, especially from Friday to Sunday, and sometimes also during the week in high season). Reservation essential plaça de Catalunya, or online sale via their site (with discount at the key). Several options, on foot, by scooter or by bicycle.
Full details of timetables, languages and prices in tourist offices or on barcelonaturisme.cat.
- At 8 & euro12): Barcelona Gòtic, Barcelona and Picasso, Modernist Barcelona, Gourmet Barcelona, Literary Barcelona, etc. The tours (2h or 2h30) are interesting, but groups easily reach 45 people. Suddenly, we walk with an earpiece and we lose in friendliness.
- At 50 & euro15 years).
- By bus: tours with a guide, in the lesser known areas of the city, lasting 9:30 am, (€ 35 depending on the tour chosen).
- On the other hand, it is possible to buy online on the website of the tourist office of MP3 to visit solo, walkman on the ears.