Practical information and useful addresses Chicago
- US Tourist Office (c / o Visit USA Committee): té702-470 (3 United and ESTA (travel authorization), as well as thematic files ...
- 44-77-88-06. Email: email@example.com. Contact té 18pm (17pm on Friday).
Closed to the public. Delivery of brochures to your home on request.
- Visitor Information Center : 111 N State St. Méde floor (1st level) of Macy's Department Store. Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 18 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 17 p.m.
Rich documentation. If they are not displayed, do not hesitate to ask for the plans of the different districts.
Sale of the City Pass and the CTA Pass (metro and bus).
- For information on thecalendar and new trendy places, see chicago.metromix.com.
- Hot Tix Agency: 72 E Randolph St. Metro: Randolph. Every day except Monday from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m. (Sunday from 11 a.m. to 16 p.m.).
To buy tickets at reduced prices.
- French alliance : 810 North Dearborn Street. Metro: Chicago. Every day except Sunday, 9 a.m. to 22 p.m. (17 p.m. Friday, 16 p.m. Saturday).
Cultural program intended especially for French people staying in Chicago for a long time.
See the United formalities and diplomatic representations.
Find your way around Chicago
State Street (north-south direction) intersects Madison Street (east-west), at point 0. It is south-east-west and numbering. It is in a way the cardinal point of Chicago.
From there, you should know that a block (one block) is worth about - and in principle - 100 numbers. So, if you want to go to 825 North Michigan, you know that at the intersection of Michigan (vertical) and Madison (horizontal), you will have to count 8 blocks north.
Be careful, the numbering of buildings can sometimes have a bizarre logic compared to the simple increasing order of numbers. Don't hesitate to ask passers-by - Chicagoans are particularly friendly and helpful.
There are 11-year-old museum profusion - instead of $ 167): Shedd Aquarium, Skydeck Chicago (Willis Tower), Field Museum, Art Institute OR Adler Planetarium, 360 Chicago (John Hancock Center observatory) or Museum of Science and Industry.
Available in all locations concerned. It's up to you to see if these attractions interest you. The big advantage is that you benefit from a Fast Pass and that, suddenly, you enter without queuing.
In addition, for the Museum of Science and Industry, the pass entitles the holder to a few attractions normally in addition to the base ticket.
Also some discounts offered on other attractions and some shows
Go Chicago Card
For bulimic visitors, there is also the Go Chicago Card. No less than 25 12 queue! This is only valid if you take the 5 day pass and you are quite a backpacker.
Buy your ticket in advance
The biggest museums or attractions fill up in season and Waiting lines can be long. Buy your ticket in advance on the Internet will allow you to reduce that wait. However, some museums only sell a certain quota of tickets online, or limit this possibility to “all-inclusive” or “skip-the-line” tickets.
See the United.