Take part in a day trip to Berlin and discover the UNESCO listed World Heritage Site in Potsdam, all from the seat of your bike! From park land to alleyways, your English-speaking guide will tell you historical anecdotes as you explore an array of Prussian and Cold War sites.
- Done in English
- Explore the city by bike, soaking up the local atmosphere
- Personalized service for small groups
You'll travel to Potsdam by train with the bike on the trailer before embarking on an approximately 10-mile (16km) high ride of over 4,5 hours. After all this effort, you will have a break for lunch (not included) in a large beer garden which was the former royal dairy.
As you cycle around Potsdam with your English-speaking guide, the great fun in the sights includes:
- Sanssouci Castle: Discover the New Palace, originally the work of Frederick the Great, the Orangery, the windmill and gardens
- Historic Center: Stroll through the Brandenburg Gate and into the Dutch Quarter, admiring the quirkiness of Potsdam
- New Gardens: See the fantastic Marble Palace before entering Cecilenhof Palace where Truman, Stalin and Churchill made the Potsdam Agreement. (Entrance included)
- No man's land: journey between West Berlin and East Germany over the Glienicke Bridge where Cold War spy exchanges regularly took place
This guided mountain bike ride is the perfect way to contrast the contrasts between today's Potsdam – a vibrant, creative university town and its pasts under communist rule, behind the Iron Curtain.
Starting point :
Outside Alexander Square and SU-Bahn station. The meeting point is easy to locate and your guide will be waiting for you.
Departure time :
10 hours 00
Return to original departure point around 16:30 PM