Go on a day trip from Hobart to discover the Port Arthur prison site, Tasmania National Park and the Isle of the Dead! Suitable for the whole family. You'll enjoy a guided walking tour of Port Arthur and a scenic cruise to the Isle of the Dead, where the dimensions of 'Devil's Kitchen' are sure to wow you.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Explore the streets of the city on a walking tour
- Discover the sites from a boat
- Professional, friendly and informative guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Rich in visual history, historic Port Arthur evokes a powerful sense of the convict era of Australia's past and the rapid settlement of Australia's heritage. Set amongst oak trees and English gardens, Port Arthur is a stark contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
The strong points :
- Aquatic Center and the Royal Botanical Garden (pass only)
- Government House (passed by car only)
- Crossing the Tasman Bridge
- Head on the Tasman Highway on the Pitwater Causeway on the Forester Peninsula
- Pirates de Pristine Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Discover the specificity of Ville Doo
- Take a guided walking tour of the Convict Historic Site – Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- You will see the Penitentiary – a once granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's Chamber, the church and much more…
- Cruise Carnarvon Bay to Isle of the Dead for the 45 minute guided tour
- Visit the highlights of Tasman National Park
- Marvel at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb view of the wild coast
- Be surprised by the scale of the Devil's Kitchen
Lunch (not included) is available at the Port Cafe at the entrance to the Port Arthur Visitors Center. There is also a sit down restaurant called Felons. Both offer a large selection of sandwiches, hot dishes and drinks.
Starting point :
Terminal de bus, Pier Street Brooke, Hobart
Hotel pickup is available from all of Hobart's most centrally located hotels
Departure time :
- 8:15 am, October to April
- 9:15 am, May to September
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Return to the starting point around 17:00 p.m.