Book your shore excursion for a thrilling, adrenaline-filled adventure on your Nassau cruise! Swim close to Caribbean reef sharks and watch them as they are fed by the professional guides. This thrilling underwater encounter with the ocean's greatest predator will be one of the highlights of your vacation, so book now and experience one of Nassau's most adventurous shore excursions. !
- See native flora and fauna in their natural environment
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Encounter closer to wildlife
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. For your dive, you can choose either the "Shark Wall" and "La Arena" combination, or the "North Wall Shark" and "The Runway" combination. At each location you will encounter a massive aggregation of Caribbean Reef Sharks.
Your first dive is a "free swim" with the sharks in a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know it's close to dinner time. However, no bait is exposed during this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers – just like encountering a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark feeding dive. Unlike regular dives, you will spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Positioned opposite the person feeding the sharks, you will have a bait box with you. The feeder uses the bait box and a pole spear to control food releases that influence the behavior of the shark. Watch carefully what the feeder does to get the sharks into the correct feeding posture. The sharks are very close, but they are more interested in the bait than you!
Requirements for participants:
- Must be at least 10 years old
- Must be a certified diver (certification card must be brought upon check-in)
- Have good physical health
- For divers who have not logged a dive in the last 3 years, it is necessary to complete a refresher program before joining any scheduled dive. Each participant is required to wear a full or skin wetsuit (long sleeves and long legs)
Carefree shore visit:
We will ensure your timely return to Nassau for this activity. In the rare event that your ship has already departed, we will arrange to take you to the next port of call. See our terms and conditions for more details.