Disembark your cruise ship, and spend a few hours discovering the architecture, history and culture of the Bahamas! This Nassau shore tour is perfect for those who want to do a little sightseeing of the city while on Paradise Island. Complemented by a visit to the famous Ardastra Gardens, the City and Countryside Shoreline Tour is a treat for everyone!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Encounter closer to wildlife
- Complete city tour
- Port pickup and drop-off included
Highlights of your tour through Nassau will include the following historic sites:
- The Queen's Staircase, also known as the 66 Steps, leads to Fort Fincastle, a small castle built in 1796 by Lord Dunmore.
- Fort Charlotte, the largest Fort in the Bahamas, which was built between 1787 and 1790 to protect the western entrance to Nassau Harbor.
- Government House, the official residence of the Governor General of the Bahamas, which was built in 1737 and then rebuilt in 1932 after being destroyed by a hurricane
- The picturesque Gregory's Arch
- Legislative buildings and courts in Parliament Square
- The native market where some 160 vendors sell everything from straw work to woodcarvings and handicrafts from the other islands, all brightly decorated
This excursion is an extension of the city and countryside tour, including a visit to the magnificent Ardastra Gardens, a 20 km² park, which is partly jungle and partly gardens. Ardastra is home to nearly 300 mammals, birds and reptiles, many of which are endangered species from the Caribbean and South America.
Take advantage now of the combo tour which includes lunch and a nice walk around Paradise Island.
"Carefree" shore excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Nassau for this activity. In the rare event that your ship has already departed, we will arrange to drop you off at the next port of call. See our terms and conditions for more details.