This enjoyable day trip takes you out of the hustle and bustle of the city and into the quaint and peaceful towns that surround the Murray River.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Lunch included
- Discover the sites from a boat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Professional, friendly and informative guide
- See native flora and fauna in their natural environment
You will be picked up from your centrally located Adelaide hotel. Travel to Mannoum, the birthplace of Murray River Paddlesteamers.
Journey through the hills and navigate the mighty Murray River bringing life to a thirsty land – and which today is a land rich in vineyards, citrus orchards and thriving rural communities.
Mannoum is the Murray River's gateway into the empty inlands of Australia, still steaming from our historic past – (the days of debauchery ascending the river in full sun.)
Cruise the waters of the Murray and enjoy a light cake with tea and coffee. Buffet lunch is served on board the boat.
Strong points :
- Journey through Verdun and the rolling green of the Adelaide Hills
- The factory town of Bridgewater
- Murraylands arid grassland region
- Birthplace of Mannoum – Murray River Steamers
- Cruise the wide waters of the Murray River on a real boat
- Stark Cliffs and the Red River
- The willows that invade the water of the mighty Murray
- Look for Galahs, Cockatoos and Pelicans
- Enjoy a buffet lunch on board the boat
- An opportunity aboard the 100-year-old steamer Marion PS
- Enjoy views of Mannum and Murray from a lookout point
- Follow the Torrens River through the Onkaparinga Valley to Gumeracha
- Torrens Valley, growing olives and vines
- (Skirt the Chain of Ponds Reservoir) and travel through Tea Tree Gully
Starting point :
Tour departs from most Adelaide hotels
Adelaide Central Bus Station
Departure time :
- 9.30 p.m
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Return to the starting point around 17:30 p.m.