The absolute best in the history of Munich! On this private Munich city walking tour, we will visit the old city center of Munich and explore the incredible history hidden in its streets and courtyards. Our professional guides with years of experience and a large portfolio of images will provide you with the best experience this city has to offer.
This private Munich city walking tour begins at the hotel lobby in Munich city center or at Marienplatz, Munich's city center square. The tour will then immerse you in Munich's diverse history, from Munich's origins to its more modern history and everything in between.
Here are some of the topics and places that will be discussed and explored during this excursion.
- Marienplatz, Munich's main square and meeting place.
- Glockenspiel- Possibly the biggest tourist attraction in town! This legendary Rathaus clock can be seen in motion at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and (17:00 p.m. from March to October).
- Viktualienmarkt- Munich's fresh produce market and beer garden.
- St. Peters Church, The oldest church in the Altstadt.
- Beer Hall Putsch, Adolf Hitler's failed attempt to overthrow the Bavarian government in November 1923.
- Frauenkirche- The twin, gigantic church in Munich which, according to legend, was built by the devil…
- Hofbräuhaus- The royal brewery and the most famous brewery in the world, with a dark and hidden history.
- Odeonsplatz, Theatine Church of St. Cajetan & the Feldherrnhalle.
- Max Joseph Platz, State Theater and Opera Munich.
- The history of beer brewing in Bavaria and the Reinheitsgebot (Beer Purity Law).
- Reichspogromnacht, The Night of Broken Glass, one of the main stepping stones to the Holocaust began in Munich.
- Oktoberfest - the biggest folk festival!
- The Royal Residenz- The largest city palace in Germany and the home of the Bavarian royal Wittelsbach family for hundreds of years
- The rise of the Nazi Party, Munich was the birthplace of National Socialism and was known as the Hauptstadt der Bewegung, the capital of the movement.
We look forward to sharing everything we know about Munich with you.