Soak up the beauty of Hobart from the top of Mount Wellington on this morning tour.
- Done in English
Crowned by alpine vegetation, dusted with snow in winter, Mount Wellington lets you glimpse the panorama of the river, fields and unfolds of the river, fields and waterscape of the city of Hobart.
On a clear day, from the top you will have spectacular views over the City of Hobart, down to the D'Entrecasteaux Channel and Bruny Island. When you see the views, you'll understand why this towering mountain is close to the hearts of Hobart locals.
The strong points :
- St David’s Park
- Battery Point – charming houses, shops and pubs
- Arthur’s Circus
- Barracks Anglesea – Australia's oldest military installation
- South Hobart – fine fine examples of early Hobart houses
- Cascade Valley – the home and gardens of Cascade Brewery
- Mountain town of Pretty Ferntree
- Go through different eco systems while climbing the mountain
- The massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
- Summit of Mt. Wellington – a harsh rocky alpine environment offering stunning views on a clear day
- Witness the scenic spectacle of Hobart, its surrounding suburbs, towns and vast waterways
- Visit the rest of the Female Factory – a female prison
- Macquarie Street
Starting point :
Tour departs from the most centrally located hotels in Hobart
Pier St Brooke
Cruise passengers: Please note that the tour departs from Pier, Brooke Street, located between Macquarie and Princess Quays, one of two cruise ship setbacks which is a 400m walk from the tour starting point at Pier Street Brooke. You will need to be at the departure point by 9:00 AM as the cruise departs at 9:15 AM.
Departure time :
- 09.15 p.m
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Ends at Pier, Brooke Street, Hobart around 11am