Miami transportation and travel
Miami bémuros, but hassle when it comes to getting out of the city due to travel times. The prices are very affordable. The EASY Ticket costs the same regardless of the distance : $ 2,25 ($ 2,65 for express buses) and gives access to all changes for a period of 3 hours.
If you plan to move a lot, you might as well buy a ski pass, EASY Card valid for 1 day ($ 5,65) until 2 a.m. the next morning, or 7 consecutive days ($ 29,25). We get them in all metro stations or from authorized distributors (list on the Internet).
- Miami Transit Information (Miami Dade Transit). Transit Service Center, adjacent to Government Center station. Obtain the very well-made Transit System Map and the small Visitor Guide with the most useful routes.
- Otherwise, the most practical if you have Transit Tracker ”.
Ce aerial subway has 2 lines.
- La orange line connects the airport to Dadeland South via the Downtown, Brickell, Vizcaya and Coconut Grove.
- La green line travels through the west, serving the Amtrak station.
On the section 7 minutes from 5 am to end). On the rest of the re 30 min). To the south, beyond Dadeland South station, bus n ° 34, on its own site, takes over to reach Florida City.
This vast reDade. You can pay on board (supplement required). In case of correspondence, favor the EASY Ticket.
Every day 5 am-midnight.
Interconnectéville in three lines.
- La Inner Loop revolves around itself; transfer to Metrorail and bus west to Government Center.
- La Omni Loop Climb north to the Omni Bus Terminal serving Miami Beach and the north of the city.
- La Brickell Loop she stops at Brickell (no kidding!); connection with Metrorail and bus to the south. We indicate the stations closest to each of our addresses and sites to see.
This metro is almost a tourist attraction in itself.
In all, a dozen lines of free buses and revamped as a trolley of yesteryear.
- Biscayne, which connects Omni to the Design District by going up Biscayne Blvd,
- Coral Way, which goes from Coral Gables to the harbor along Downtown
- and finally Coconut Grove Route, which departs from the Douglas Rd subway to east of Coconut Grove.
At 30 minutes and operate from 6 am to stop between 30 pm and 19 pm depending on the line. Those in Downtown are closed on Sundays, those in Miami Beach operate every day.
This bus makes a full loop 20 min, 7:40 am (10 am Sunday) -midnight.
Big bonus: it costs only 25 cents! Ideal for exploring the Art Deco District without breaking the bank. You can even take your bike there.
Walking is definitely the best way to discover Miami Beach!
Cycling, rollerblading and segway
Completely suitable for exploring Miami Beach, in particular thanks to the own-site cycle path which runs along the beach from south to north.
Helmet compulsory for children under 18.
The rates are $ 2,95 for the 1st sixth of a mile, then 40 cents for each additional sixth of a mile, plus 40 cents per minute wait. Any road tolls are extra.
When checking out, remember to add 15% tip at the price displayed on the meter (unless the driver has already integrated it by announcing the amount to you orally, which often happens when they take foreigners).
Useful and ideal for exploring the surroundings, but to avoid if you stay in the center of Miami because, on the parking side, it's hell!
- parking meters and parking meters are rife from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. (find out about the free nights which vary from one street to another) at a rate of $ 1,75 / h or even $ 4 / h in Miami Beach.
Parking meters accept payment cards but more rarely tickets. The slightest forgetting or inconvenient parking (read the instructions carefully on each place) is immediately punished by a plum, or even the pound (avoid the Tow away or Tow zone signs); it's a real business!
If you can't do without your car, the most practical is to use Miami Beach's municipal parking lots, which are quite plentiful. They are located in particular:
- 210 7th St, corner of Collins Ave; at the corner of 13th St and Collins Ave;
- corner of 16th St and Collins Ave (one of the cheapest, including during the day if arriving before 10am);
- or 640 17th St. Count $ 16-20 per day.
Count $ 16-30 per day. For a short time, bet on the parking lot of the shopping center located on 5th St and Alton: it's free for 2 hours!
Finally, most hô45 $ for 24 hours...