Limousin thematic routes
Medieval history is inseparable from Limousin.
- The famous Richard the Lionheart gave his name to a tourist route dotted with many medieval castles and heritage wonders.
- Of some only a few vestiges remain, such as the chahervix.
- Others, on the other hand, still proudly raise their silhouette like the Bonneval castle - in the same family since its construction in the XNUMXth century! -,
- and, above all, the superb Châlus castle, in front of which Richard the Lionheart was mortally wounded with a crossbow bolt.
- And if you still want to go back to the Middle Ages, at the gates of Limoges, the site of Châlucet castle perched on its promontory is also superb.
- Another stronghold, perched well, the fortress of Crozant castle, never taken!
- A bit later, the Villemonteix castle with keep, walkway and watchtowers. It has not aged a bit, and houses formidable collections of tapestries.
- The castle of Boussac is populated by collections of all kinds.
- State within State, Turenne has preserved from its heyday a castle whose remains still have a proud appearance.
- Just like the village of Curemonte , whose towers of the three castles perched on the hill can be admired from afar.
- Without forgetting, for a complete overview, the towers of the fortress of Merle.
History has bequeathed an exceptional heritage, most often a pretext for superb walks with picturesque viewpoints. A great trip, and not only in time!
With family, with children
Toddlers and animals, it's an old love story! That's good, Limousin spoils them:
- Cows in the fields, deer in the forests, jellyfish and sharks in the aquarium of Limoges.
- Wolves at Guéret Mountains Park.
- Tigers and giraffes at Reynou zoo park.
- Canassons of compéPompadour.
- Let's add the fun visit of the Limousine Park which presents black ass pig, lambs and calves from Limousin, the local stars, and we get a good safari!
- Microcosm lovers will visit the City of Insects in Nedde,
- will complete the visit with the Chamberet Tree House where we learn to recognize trees by their trunks, the cry of birds and to decode the organization of a beehive,
- before plunging into the bowels of the earth to marvel at the spectacular galleries of Fage chasm in Noailles.
- Since a little reading never hurts, encourage your children to push open the doors of the Père Castor media library in Meuzac.
- Or, not far away, slip in with them, during Aquitaine time.
- Want to see the world (a scene in Feeriland, in Veyrac, result of the patient work of passionate people.
- To stay in the miniatures, l & rsquoLéde-Noblat, houses a few electric trains to embark on a nice journey into the world of railways of yesteryear.
- And, speaking of olden days, MéJulien-aux-Bois farms revive a medieval village,
- while Domaine de Banizette back in the XNUMXth century, a period that saw the arrival of electricity in Bourganeuf, pioneer city: the Museum of Electrification, Water and Light, retraces this epic.
- Finally, because Galant above the body of water, where you can also swim.
- And l & rsquoPardoux and Vassivière.