Sample the delights of Launceston on this half-day afternoon tour. Follow the tranquil and dramatic River Tamar through vineyards, bird paradise, elegant country houses, orchards and fishing villages – all set against the rolling hills of the Australian bush.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Perfect introduction for a first discovery
- Free drinks included
- Professional, friendly and informative guide
- Hotel pickup included
You will be picked up from your centrally located Launceston hotel to explore the historic village of Evandale, host of the internationally famous Penny Farthing Race Bike. Sample some of Tasmania's finest wines and indulge in the Grindelwald Swiss Village.
Highlights of the visit:
- Discover the highlights of Launceston
- Streets with Victorian landscapes and historic architecture
- Follow the Tamar Valley northwest of Launceston
- Walk through the riverfront with its charming historic houses
- Tamar Island – an important habitat for waterfowl
- Find white and black swans and seabirds that feed on the wetlands
- Panoramic views of the spectacular Tamar Valley
- Visit a winery and taste the selection of Tamar Valley wines
- The picturesque Grindelwald Swiss Village – a charming replica of Switzerland
- The Lakeside Swiss Village – offering local crafts, souvenirs and chocolate (own expense)
- Visit the spectacular Tamar Valley and catch a glimpse of the panoramic views from Brady
- Visit the historic Georgian village of Evandale – originally established as a military post
- Perhaps enjoy a delicious afternoon tea (own expense)
Starting point :
Tour departs from the most centrally located hotel in Launceston
Departure time :
- 13.30 p.m
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
The tour ends at the Transit Centre, located in Cornwall Square, Launceston at approximately 17:00 p.m.