A Natural Tasmanian Escape! Hike through the treetops of the rainforest at Tahune Forest Airwalk, after traversing the Huon River Valley, a region of fields, rivers and fishing villages clinging to the scenic inlet.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Professional, friendly and informative guide
- Hotel pickup included
Walk on the treetops of the virgin forest at Tahune Forest Airwalk after traveling through the Huon River Valley, an area of stretched fields, superb forest rivers and fishing villages set by the picturesque inlet.
The strong points :
- Historic Plaza Salamanca – crafts and restaurants
- Spectacular views of Hobart, the River Derwent and Wrest Point Casino
- Kingston – Hobart's fastest growing city
- Rural town of Huonville – center of the Huon Valley
- Franklin Township located on the banks of the Huon River noted for building wooden boats
- Small Town Geeveston Experience
- Head into the Australian bush at the Airwalk Tahune with stunning views of the Huon River
- Walk on the valley floor at the Huon Pine Walk
- Pass under fern canopies of a tall tree and along the tannin-colored Huon River
What is the Airwalk Forest Tahune?
The Airwalk is located in the Tahune forest. The Airwalk varies between 25 and 45 meters in height with a walk of more than half a kilometer in length between the magnificent covered forest allowing a unique view of the surrounding environment, including the Huon and Picton Rivers. It takes about half an hour of walking through and a level crossing. You will have free time for a second field walk through the Huon pines. There are facilities for the disabled and for access to the site.
Starting point :
Tour departing from centrally located Hobart hotels
Pier, Street Brooke
Departure time :
October to April: 08:15 a.m.
May to September: 09:15 a.m.
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
Return to the starting point around 16:30 p.m.