Entry formalities, visa and useful addresses in Oman
The passport must be valid at least 6 months after the date of entry into Omani territory (for the Swiss, 6 months after the end of the stay).
30-day tourist e-visa (26 B Tourist Visit Visa)
The visa is compulsory for nationals of the European Union, Swiss and Canadians.
Caution : no more visas are issued by the consular services, nor on the spot, at airports and border posts. Must therefore must apply for the visa online.
The tourist visa can be obtained by ordering online on a dedicated site. It is therefore a e-visa.
Once on the site, click on "Register as user".
You must present:
- a passport scan (of good quality);
- a passport photo in jpg format.
You have to choose your type of tourist visa:
- the 26 A Tourist Visit Visa, for a stay of 1 to 10 days, costs 5 rials (approximately 12 €);
- the 26 B Tourist Visit Visa, for a stay of up to 30 days, costs 20 rials (approximately € 47).
Payment is made online. The visa certificate is sent by email by the Royal Oman Police within 12 hours to 3 days.
The e-visa is valid within 30 days of issue date ; it should therefore not be requested too early.
- The diplomatie.gouv.fr website has created a help manual
- The Oman tourist office has created a help manual.
The Royal Police of the Sultanate of Oman announced thata visa exemption for a stay of 10 days will soon be granted to nationals of 103 countries. To benefit from it, visitors must be in possession ofconfirmation of hotel reservation, health insurance and a confirmed return ticket.
The importation of wine and alcohol is limited to one bottle per person arriving by air. Luggage is frequently inspected. Pornographic video documents are confiscated.
- Embassy of Oman in Paris (performing consular functions) : 50, avenue d'Iéna 75116 Paris. Metro: Jena or Alma-Marceau. Phone. : 01-47-23-01-63. Open Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tourist Office of the Sultanate of Oman: 90, rue de Courcelles, 75008 Paris (closed to the public, to request documentation only). Phone. : 01-47-20-56-06. Email: email@example.com.
- Embassy of Oman: avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, 236, 1050 Brussels. Phone. : (32-2) 679-70-10 or 479-251-112. Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 15:30 p.m.
- AEmbassy of Oman: Chemin de Roilbot 3A, 1292 Pregny-Chambésy (Geneva). Phone. : (41-22) 758-96-60.
- Contact theEmbassy of Oman in Washington : 2535 Belmont Road NW, Washington, DC 20008. Tel. : (202) 387-1980 or 81. Email: email@example.com. Open from 9 a.m. to 16 p.m.