Entry formalities and useful contacts Turkey
- French, Swiss and Luxembourg nationals are exempt from visa for a tourist stay not exceeding 90 days, over a period of 180 days, from the day of entry into Turkey. The stay can be continuous or divided. The national identity card is sufficient, but better to have a passport. Both must be valid for at least 2 days after the date of entry into Turkish territory. If you enter with an identity card, customs will give you proof that you must keep with you at all times to present it when you leave the country.
Warning, since January 1, 2014, the validity of French national identity cards issued between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2013 is automatically extended by 5 years. But this modification is not materialized on the laminated document, which can cause problems when entering or leaving Turkish territory. The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a note, drafted in Turkish in particular, which explains these new rules.
- Minors must have their own passport. For the authorization to leave the country when the children are not accompanied by one of their parents, each country has implemented its own regulations.
Thus, for French minors, a law that entered into force in January 2017 reinstated the authorization to leave the country. To travel abroad, they must be in possession of an identity document (identity card or passport), a form signed by one of the parents with parental authority and a photocopy of the identity document of the signing parent.
- The tourist visa is compulsory for Belgians and Canadians. This visa, valid for one email, within 24 hours. But some delays cannot be ruled out. Better to make the request a week before.
- Car papers: national driving license or international license specify the conditions of your contract by your company. Passport required for the vehicle owner. At customs, you are given a special stamp for your vehicle on the passport <. p = "">
Note: If you enter Turkey by car, you must exit the same way. If you "break" in the country, contact your insurance; in principle, it takes care of everything.
Be careful, do not drive someone's car if you also have an owner's authorization legalized by the competent authorities.
- Customs : 4 bottles of wine or 1 liter for a drink above 22 °. Tobacco addicts are entitled to one cartridge, not two, contrary to what some duty-free sellers claim.
- Turkey Tourist Board: 102, avenue des Champs-É45-62-78-68. Open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to Turkish Consulates:
- Consulate of Boulogne-Billancourt: Billancourt. Mé Pont de Saint-Cloud. Té80-14-63-35 and 01-47-12-30-30. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to Lyon Consulate: 87, rue de Sè72-83-98-40. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to Marseille Consulate: 363, avenue du Prado, 13008 Marseille. TE91-29-00-20. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to Nantes Consulate: 20, quai FrançMitterrand, 44200. Té40-75-73-87. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to Strasbourg Consulate: 10, rue Auguste-Lamey, 67000 Strasbourg. TE88-36-68-14. Open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to Bordeaux Consulate: 29, allé57-99-77-20. Lun-ven 9h-13h, 14h-16h.
- Culture and Information Advisor to 513-82-30. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to Turkish Consulates: rue Montoyer, 4A, Brussels 1000. Té548-93-40. 820-71-00. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 13 p.m.
- Visitor Center : Stockerstrasse, 55, 8002 Zurich. TE221-08-10. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to Turkish Consulate: Weinbergstrasse, 65, 8006 Zurich. TE368-29-00. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. at Another consulate: route de PréBois, 20, PO box 1901, 1215 Genè710-93-60. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 359-70-70. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Turkish Embassy: 49, rue Siggy seen Lë1933 Luxembourg. T32-81. Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 14 p.m. to 18 p.m.
- Turkish Embassy and Consulates: 197 Wurtemburg St, Ottawa, (Ontario) K1N 8L9. 244-24-70. 17 p.m. Toronto Consulate: 10 Lower Spadina Av., Suit 300, Toronto, (Ontario) M5V 2Z2. TE777-41-06. ELE379-44-48. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 17 p.m.