Entry formalities and useful contacts Latvia
Latvia is part of the Schengen area, no entry formalities for EU nationals and Swiss: identity card or passport are sufficient for a stay of less than 3 months.
Canadians must present a passport valid at least 3 months after the date of departure from the country.
- Caution : French identity cards issued to adults between January 1, 2004 and December 31, 2013 are still valid 5 years after the expiry date indicated on the back. However, no material modification will attest to this.
To avoid any inconvenience, you are advised instead to travel with your passport even though Latvia officially recognizes the apparently expired identity card as a travel document.
- The Minors must have their own identity document. In addition, unaccompanied minors must present a authorization to leave the country.
- Latvian Embassy (performing consular functions) : 6, villa Saï53-64-58-10 (embassy) or 01-53-64-58-16 (consular service). Email: email@example.com (embassy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (consulate). Consulate open by appointment Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 am to you.
- Latvian Embassy (performing consular functions) : 32-36. Email: email@example.com. Open Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to you.
There is no Latvian embassy in Switzerland: we meet again Embassy of Latvia in 1190 Vienna. TE403-3112. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Consulate ge817-65-46. Email: email@example.com.
- Latvian Embassy (performing consular functions) : 350 Sparks Street, Suite 1200, Ottawa, Ontario K1R-7S8. Té6014 (embassy) or 238-6868 (consular section). Open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to you.
- Honorary Consulate of Latvia at1M1. TE05-62. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.