Entry formalities and useful contacts Cyprus
- Nationals of the European Union and the Swiss can enter Cyprus with a ID card or a passport valid (for Canadians, valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of departure to Cyprus).
Caution : Cyprus is not part of the Schengen area.
Warning yet : the 5-year extension of validity of the national identity card is not necessarily recognized abroad. Even if the period of validity of the French CNI is extended from 10 to 15 years, in Cyprus it is strongly recommended to favor a valid passport over a CNI with an expired expiry date.
Passage from the South to the North of the island of Cyprus
To go from the south (Rétampon ”) to specific crossing points, provided with a valid identity document.
9 crossing points allow you to cross the buffer zone:
- 2 in the west (Limnitis / Yesilirmak; Astromeritis / Zodeia);
- 3 in Nicosia (Ayios Dometios / Metehan; Ledra Palace and Ledra / Lokmaci);
- the last two being reserved for pedestrians and cyclists;
- 1 in the northwest in the district of Nicosia (Apliki-Lefka)
- and 3 in the east (Pergamos / Pyla, Ayios Nicolaos / Strovilia and Derynia).
CAUTION: Due to the illegal status of the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus", the French Embassy cannot guarantee consular protection in the northern part of Cyprus.
If you want cross the line by car, you must take out additional insurance, which is usually taken out at the crossing point.
Due to diplomatic relations between the two communities, the conditions of passage are regularly modified. It is therefore necessary to consult the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before any trip.
- Cyprus Embassy: 23, rue Galilé 47-20-86-28. Email: email@example.com. Open Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to Consulate of Cyprus at 75-41-37-50. Email marseille.org. Open Monday to Saturday, by appointment only.
- Cyprus Tourist Office: 23, rue Galilé42-61-42-49. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 13:30 p.m. to 16:45 p.m.
- Cyprus embassy (performing consular functions) : avenue de Cortenbergh 61, 1000 Brussels. Tee2-650-06-10. Email: email@example.com. Open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 17 p.m. 10 a.m. to 13 p.m. for the consular section.
- There is no embassy of the Ré Embassy of the Re 808-8365. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Consulate of the RéGros, 1206 Geneva.