Sightseeing Edinburgh your own way on an independent day trip from London. Everything is prepared for you: return train tickets, hop-on hop-off city tour, entry to Edinburgh Castle, and Edinburgh city map and guide. The rest is up to you!
- Done in English
- Rail tour
- Flexibility to adapt the itinerary to your preferences
The train will whistle from London's King's Cross Station due north, passing through the Midlands region, with its canals and market towns. It will also pass the old mill towns built during the Industrial Revolution and skirting the East Coast of England.
Arrived in Edinburgh, you will board an open-top tourist bus, for a panoramic view of this majestic Scottish city. The hop-on hop-off bus ticket gives you the freedom to leave and re-enter the bus as often as you like. Frequent departures during the day means you have complete flexibility to plan your day however you want!
You can see all the major landmarks, attractions and sights of this beautiful city, including:
- The old town quarter
- Edinburgh Castle, including the dazzling Scottish Crown Jewels and the Royal Apartments where Mary, Queen of Scots gave birth to a boy who would become King of Scotland and England on the death of Queen Elizabeth in 1603
- Centre de Scotch Whisky Heritage
- Scott Monument, decorated with 64 characters from Walter Scott's novels
- University of Edinburgh, where official state ceremonies and receptions take place when the Queen is in Scotland (if she has her own murderous history!)
- The Scottish Parliament building
- Saint-Gilles Kirk
- John Knox’s House
- Stroll along Princes Street checking out the tartan, whiskey and shortbread that made Scotland famous
Please note that this tour is unescorted
Starting point :
Kings Cross Station (main ticket office)
Departure time :
Return to the starting point around 22:15 p.m.