Experience the beauty of Far North Queensland's rainforest on a stunning day trip from Palm Cove. Travel aboard the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway and choose from a variety of options including the Rainforest Ropeway, the Tjupakai Aboriginal Cultural Park or the world famous Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Done in English
- Instant confirmation
- Rail tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Taxes, fuel surcharges and service included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Learn more about the pioneer history of Tropical North Queensland on a leisurely train journey to Kuranda 'the village in the rainforest'. Relax and enjoy the scenic beauty as you make your way through the rainforest. A short photo stop is made at Barron Gorge and as you cross the Stoney Creek Bridge, before arriving in Kuranda.
There is free time in Kuranda to do a bit of shopping at the heritage markets, grab a meal at one of the many restaurants and cafes (with additional costs) or encounter wildlife at Birdworld, the sanctuary butterflies in Australia or the koala gardens in Kuranda (entrance fees not included).
There are plenty of options available to choose from for your Kuranda day trip so you can do as much or as little as you wish. Choose from:
- Rail / Rainforestation / Sky – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, visit the Rainforestation Nature Park, the return is by cable car (10h)
- Rail / Sky – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, the return is by cable car (8:30 am)
- Sky / Rail – Travel to Kuranda by cable car, the return is on the Scenic Railway (10h)
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai– Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, the return is by cable car, visit the Tjapukai Aboriginal Natural Park (9h)
- Rail / Sky / Tjapukai / Lunch – Travel to Kuranda on the Scenic Railway, the return is by cable car, visit the Tjapukai Aboriginal Natural Park with a buffet lunch (10 hours)
- Guide / Scenic Railway – Travel to Kuranda by coach, return on the Scenic Railway (7:30 am)
Starting point :
Tour departs from the most centrally located hotel in Palm Cove
Departure time :
Tour departs from Palm Cove hotels between:
- Rail/Rainforestation/Sky – 7h00 et 8h00
- Rail/Sky – 7h00 et 7h45
- Sky/Rail – 8h00 et 8h45
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai – 8h00 et 8h45
- Rail/Sky/Tjapukai/Lunch- 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- Guide/Rail – 8:00 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.
Hotel pickups begin before this time. Contact the local organizer to verify exact hotel pickup time.
back to the starting point