Cheap United States United States
In supermarkets, Visitor Centers or even in the street, you will find free newspapers crammed with pubs and coupons,.
A lot of pubs also for motels which practice, for example, free accommodation or meals for children, sometimes up to 16 years for some.
Coupons also available on hotelcoupons.com
Prices vary depending on the fill rate and therefore, roughly, depending on the tourist season (the yield management system).
- Yes in the Northeastern United the high season is only October. And as long as February in general), they sometimes melt in half.
- In Florida, the high season begins, during school holidays (spring break), the price is always more expensive than the week. And on holiday weekends, the price can be multiplied by 2, 3 or even 4!
Also pay attention to special cases: when large conferences / trade fairs take place in town, for example. In Daytona Beach, it is at the time of the (numerous) races that prices soar, while in Cape Canaveral, it is the days surrounding the date scheduled for the launch of a rocket ...
- In California, the high season of April. In low season, prices decrease by 20 to 50%, and sometimes even more.
National or state campsites (national or state campgrounds)
The most economical is to drive and camp in the parkss, where the pitches can accommodate 1 or 2 cars and up to 6 or 8 people. The prices are very reasonable: $ 15 to $ 30 per site per day.
Some lands in Navajo territory are even free (Canyon de Chelly and Navajo Monument) and wild camping in the parks is sometimes allowed in national parks, but following strict rules (including obtaining authorization and filing your itinerary in advance. with the parks authorities).
- national campsites or $ 30 in general).
The exchange of apartments
This formula offers the advantage of spending a vacation in the United States at a lower cost, and will be of particular interest to young couples with children.
Among the agencies that have proven themselves:
- Homelink International
Transport: the train
For long distances, Amtrak offers the USA Rail Pass valid nationwide. It allows to make an unlimited number of $ 900 depending on the duration of 12 years).
There is also a California-specific pass (California Rail Pass) valid for 1 week over a period of 3 weeks ($ 160; $ 80 for children).
Enjoy sales (dirty), especially in January and summer, the reductions are sometimes huge. The Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving (4th Friday in November, therefore), is also a day of particularly exceptional discounts.
- factory outlets, huge shopping centers generally located on the outskirts of cities, accessible from highways. These outlets include dozens (or even more!) Of big brand outlet stores American clothing and footwear. There are specific (sales) promotions all year round allowing items to be sold at unbeatable prices. Some sometimes have minor defects (irregular mention on the label), but this is rare.