Boston activities, tours and outings
The Freedom Trail
To know the history of the city through its monuments and alleys for three and a half centuries, just follow a red line (painted or brick) of 4 km, which begins at the corner of Tremont and Park Street. This route passes through all the important places that have marked theboston history. The Freedom Trail is therefore a huge open-air museum !
A small detail: Boston is often in the snow in winter ...
To better find your way around, take the map in French in one of the Visitor Centers.
The rangers of Boston State Parks 12 years old $ 6,50; duration 1h30; online reservation).
Now here are the most interesting steps; count 3 hours of walk in all. Departure from the fountain to the right of the Boston Common Visitor Center, at the entrance to Boston Common, along Tremont Street. Metro: Park St.
Boston on foot
- Boston By Foot: tee 367-2345. Guided tour 2h) in English: $ 15, 6-12 years old $ 10 (CB refused); reduction of $ 2 if purchased online.
Founded in 1978, this non-profit organization organizes a host of interesting thematic guided tours, led by Bostonian volunteers from different backgrounds, all passionate about the history of their city and some of whom sometimes speak French.
Boston Boat Tour in Boston Harbor
- Boston Harbor Cruises : $ 35 (3-11 years $ 13-31) depending on cruise in early September), the same company provides several daily crossings to Boston Harbor Islands National & State Park, a charming archipelago of 34 protected islands, not far from Boston; the opportunity to discover pretty natural beaches, bordered by a few hiking trails (info on nps.gov/boha and bostonharborislands.org G).
- Boston Duck Tours : November, every 20-30 minutes, every day from 9 a.m. to 11 years old $ 29 driver's corner ... So only to do if you have the Go Card (tour included in this tourist pass) and with children.
- Boston Red Sox (in Fenway Park): balloon box office from April to October, and from 10 a.m. to 17 p.m. the rest of the year: $ 21; under 13: $ 12.
The Boston Red Sox play in the oldest and most popular baseball stadium. Quite difficult to get tickets, the safest way is to book in advance on the Internet.
You can also simply visit the stadium and walk on its mythical lawn during guided tours.
Concerts and shows
- Important: In the summer, an incredible variety of concerts, festivals and parties take place in Boston.
- daily rate from 16 p.m. to 17 p.m. (weekend 10 a.m. to 16 p.m.). ½ price on unsold tickets for the day's shows.
- The most prestigious groups perform in Boston in the summer. The list of concerts of the month is displayed on the newsstand located just outside the Harvard subway station. Tickets can be purchased at the kiosk.
- Numerous concerts in the street in September). Program in the newspapers. In short, nothing to be bored, even when you're broke!
- See also going out and having a drink in Boston